7:18 PM 7/26/2021
Scattered severe thunderstorms are moving southeast across portions of north-central and northeast Minnesota late this afternoon with reports of damaging winds and large hail.
Power Outage update as of 7:20 PM Monday
MN Power: 10 outages affecting ~1900 customers.
Link to outage map https://mnpower.com/OutageCenter/OutageMap
Lake Country Power: 60 outages affecting ~1460 members
Link to outage map http://outage.lcp.coop/#viewer-menu-parent
A new severe thunderstorm watch has been issued for all of northwest Wisconsin effective until Midnight tonight (yellow area on map) while a severe thunderstorm watch remains in effect for northeast and east-central Minnesota also until Midnight tonight.
Primary threats include
Scattered damaging winds and isolated significant wind gusts to 80 mph possible.
Scattered large hail and isolated very large hail events to 3 inches in diameter possible.
A tornado or two possible.
Some cities in the Northland included in this watch are Superior, Solon Springs, Washburn, Bayfield, Ashland, Hurley, Gile, Danbury, Grantsburg, Siren, Minong, Spooner, Shell Lake, Hayward and Winter.
Northland Storm Reports through 7:30 PM Monday, July 26, 2021
- 7:28 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage. Grand Rapids, MN (Itasca County) Location approximate. Marble size hail, approximately 9 80 foot tall norway pine trees uprooted.
- 7:20 PM: Hail 1.00 inch (quarter size) Blackberry, MN (Itasca County)
- 7:14 PM: Hail 1.00 inch (quarter size) 2 SSW Coleraine, MN (Itasca County)
- 7:12 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Gust (54 mph) 1 SSE Grand Rapids, MN (Itasca County)
- 7:08 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage. Grand Rapids, MN (Itasca County) Big branches off trees and a flag pole snapped in half due to strong winds.
- 7:06 PM: Hail 1.00 inch (quarter size) 3 NE La Prairie, MN (Itasca County)
- 6:55 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage. Cohasset, MN (Itasca County) Large pine tree uprooted.