Lake Country Power reported 62 outages affecting nearly 2900 members as of 8 PM Friday.
Link to outage map http://outage.lcp.coop/#viewer-menu-parent
Minnesota Power reported ~40 outages affecting nearly 440 customers as of 8 PM Friday.
Link to outage map https://mnpower.com/OutageCenter/OutageMap
Northland Storm Reports from Friday, July 23, 2021
- 7 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Gust (56 mph) 5 miles WNW Tower, MN (St. Louis County) Reported on the South Shore of Lake Vermilion.
- 6:46 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage – Ely, MN (St. Louis County) Numerous reports of trees down in Ely with multiple roads blocked.
- 6:46 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage – Ely, MN (St. Louis County) Trees down and damage to tents at a festival in Downtown Ely.
- 6:41 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage – 10 miles NNW Soudan, MN (St. Louis County) Multiple canoes flipped over from thunderstorm wind gusts on Trout Lake. Crew of one canoe unaccounted for. Additional water emergencies ongoing in other portions of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
- 5:39 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage – 5 miles W Wirt, MN (Itasca County) A few trees down and a power outage.
- 5:30 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage – 4 miles E Alvwood, MN (Itasca County) A tree down onto power lines.
- 4:30 PM: Thunderstorm Wind Damage – 2 miles SSW International Falls, MN (Koochiching County) A tree down on a power line along County Road 2 just south of Cripple Creek.
- 4:27 PM: Hail 0.25 inch. International Falls, MN (Koochiching County)
Radar loop from 4:24 PM to 7:59 PM Friday, July 23, 2021 showing a line of scattered strong to severe thunderstorms which continues to move east-southeast across north-central and northeast Minnesota this evening, these storms have been producing damaging winds, torrential rainfall, frequent lightning and some power outages in parts of northern Minnesota late this afternoon/early this evening.